Saturday, October 20, 2012

National Park BRIJUNI


Dobra večer (means "Good evening!"  in Croatian) dear colleagues!

I was a little lazy this week, so I was postponing writing about our project task, because I saw there was a lot reading to do. Anyway, I decided to write about a project made by Camelia Pagila, from Giurgiu, Romania, simply because she works in an elementary school as I do, so I can easily relate to the project.

 To summarize the project, Camelia Paglia's idea was to improve both teaching and learning in her classes. She tried to implement all the teaching styles she could use to meet children's multiple intelligence. In order to do that, she planned to use technology and the Internet through the course in 13 weeks. The term of multiple intelligence is appealing to me and I attended a seminar recently on the topic.

What I like about this project is the fact that is well written and developed in almost every detail. The project seems doable and fairly real. I also like the idea that she included so many different Internet sources, making the project diverse and surely appealing to the children. 
Her project also made me wonder how mine will look like... Surely, we will see it in a few weeks.

Ivana



3 comments:

  1. Dobro jutro (to explain to our peers, this is Good morning in both Croatian and Serbian),

    In response to both your blog and your discussion entry, I wanted to say that you have triggered a lot of memories from my younger-learners-teaching days.

    I would like to say that I admire and truly respect your enthusiasm. The way you described how you present new words, the waving with your hand and using different emotional expressions is wonderful. I can imagine the kids having a great time. I believe you have also tried making them imitate different emotions.

    Working with young learners is very exhausting and taking up a lot of time and effort in every segment, from preparation to execution; however, the reward is fascinating. They are so flexible, so much can be done with them and their enthusiasm and innocence is infectious.

    I wish you a lot more of this.

    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ivana,
    Hi.You have thought in the right direction.Your methods and techniques are appropriate for teaching all language elements to the little kids whose minds are like blank slates and whatever you write on them they are printed for a long time till they think of replacing it by new ideas.
    A lot of innovative children would like to learn in their own ways and it becomes difficult to handle them in a class room.Hope you will think in this direction how to allow them freedom and choices to improve their creativity.
    Bye and best wishes.
    Mahesh

    ReplyDelete