Tuesday, October 30, 2012


National Park Mljet

Hi people!  

   I simply adoooooore RubiStar!  

   I heard about rubrics before this course, but I didn't use it before. I really don't know how something as useful as this didn't reach me before. I think the rubrics could be incredibly useful when I have to assess the whole class at short period of time. It makes the assessing aspects really clear and gives you an opportunity to be more objective.

   Creating an assessment rubric was so amazingly easy that it took me a few minutes to create it using templates. Anyway, I made a rubric for a puppet show based on a short story that I do in my class. The topic of the Unit is ANIMALS and it is in my third grade class. 

This is all for my first blog post of this week. 

Saluti, 

Ivana


  






4 comments:

  1. Dear Ivana

    I have found rubrics as one of the liberal and holistic way to catch with students continuous behavioural development as regards the skills of ELT. I perceive the rubrics as a motivational tool and a strategy to evaluate the degree of retention, cognition and comprehension of the students.
    I am really enlightened to view so many lessons sent to appreciate Rubistar.com as one of the search tool to prepare rubrics. Many of our classmates and even me did not pay attention to this selection of assessment criteria. We generally focus on assessment that result in application, synthesis or analyses. That is we finally jump to reflective level before go into initial intricasies of stepping up the ladder of development of behaviour and degree through the conditions and opportunities provided in ELT classes.

    I am thankful to you for providing me a short web-integrated lesson in EL along with checking lists and rubrics for the lesson while being learner centered in class.

    More to from you around soon


    Jayshree Singh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ivana.
    Your rubric using puppet shows was fantastic this week. I agree with you and Jayshree that rubrics are great motivational tools and that every teacher should incorporate those into their teaching. I have long made rubrics by hand or on Moodle, but they take so much time. RubiStar really does make life easier.

    I hope that your third-graders enjoy the puppet show!

    I also love the videos of your hometown and the picture above of the lovely state park. Can I visit you in Croatia someday soon? I would love to go. When is the best time to visit?

    Take care.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you liked my rubric, but I am even more glad that you showed so much interest in my country. It depends what would you like to see. If you enjoy snow, you should visit Lika and Gorski Kotar or some of the continental parts. If you prefer beautiful nature, spring is the perfect time. And if you like swimming, Dalmatia and Istria are perfect. And if you decide to visit us, you have my email, do, please, contact me! But as I am pregnant now and due to deliver at the end of this month, I would rather you came in spring or summer. I could surely see you then!

      Ivana

      Delete